Sunday 1 April 2012

Meade street munch


On a rainy day
Entering through a bustling printing office,
following the arrow
...
Meade Cafe
...
From the outside I could smell pancake batter hitting a warm pan 
On the inside the oh so familiar smell of that true South African favourite
Bobotie
Sweet and spicy curry smells contradicting with coffee brewing and milk frothing

The decor has a modern feel with an earthy undertone
complimented with grey washed furniture
and a hint of red

I had the Polenta with a Ratatouille enhanced with the tastiest olives I had in a long time and some anchovies
And not refusing the temptation for the cake stand...
Just had to try the carrot and beetroot cake with a taste of almonds...
I also indulged in the perfect partner for such a grey and rainy day
A rooibos cappuccino with a drizzle of honey

As the rain was pouring outside in the courtyard
My senses were delighted and warmed by such an experience



No comments:

Post a Comment