Wednesday 4 January 2012

Always a dining pleasure

On my second visit to Cape Town during the holidays I always make a point of visiting La Boheme Wine bar & Bistro....
The menu constantly changing with incredible flavours and service with a professional warmth!
The menus are huge black boards placed in front of your table in a way that brings such a cosy feeling. Love it!
I had the Gemsbok marinated in Lime that was served as a warm and cold salad with butternut and baby potatoes!
After dinner you have a feeling a contentment and not a bulging tummy!
After our dinner the chef took a seat in the restaurant busy with pages of ideas and menu planning...I thanked her for a dining experience that was yet again one for the soul!
During my visit to Cape Town I was eager to explore new places that is divine and humble at the same time and whilst driving with one of my dearest friends up Kloofnek Drive we by accident got thirsty for some ice cold white wine...
We saw this place with umbrellas...old world trees...children...beautiful people with sun glasses and european skin...Little I knew what was waiting while we sat down next to the entrance by the rusty gate...
Our waitress, a joyful bundle of energy came and sat with us for a brief minute! Explained that there is a harvest table inside the restaurant! With no hesitation we explored the landscape of organic produce, colourful salads and a true lip smacking Tomato Bredie with spicy potatoes...I was in awe of this natural gem!

Spending time with my parents is such an awesome experience with every encounter! We decided to soak up the sun at the V&A! And what better place than on the waters edge at Quay 4. It was a perfect day! A little apprehensive of what to expect as the service and food did take a dip a while ago. But as perfect as the ships were sailing in and out of the harbour loaded with tourists and the summer sun, as was the service and food!
I decided to attempt the Kilo of prawns....which was irresponsible and gorgeous!! Thats what a holiday is all about!!

No comments:

Post a Comment