Wednesday 4 January 2012

First Words

After an incredible holiday I now have to change my mindset to work, figures, clients and all things that require focus. I have tried to let go of responsibilities as far as I could, to switch off from the frame of mind that is alarm clocks, meetings and staff issues.
The journey was a wonderful one indeed!
Spending time with my incredible parents and friends was a great blessing on its own!
There were so many highlights and amazing times that I keep them close to heart.
One of those moments was the meeting with a true gem that was postponed for almost 4 years. It happened on the last day of 2011. A mutual hunger for talking and listening as we devoured the conversation and soulful tapas that was served to us at cafe Havanna on the stoep.


The ocean was blue and still, the pink bubbly eager to be drank and the conversation a journey through happiness and finding the calm that we so often neglect.
A truly liberating way to end 2011 and start 2012 which I believe is the year of change and new opportunities!

Is sent my friend a sms afterwords describing the afternoon for me in one lyric from my favourite singer/songwriter Lize Beekman...
"...breek die soetste vy, pars die druiwe vir wyn, koester die dag se draai...gister is lank verby..." ~Lize Beekman
And I sent one of my own poems. A poem that is actualy a prayer for someone you want to keep safe.

"vir Hom vra ek om jou sagte helder oe te beskerm
om Hom oor jou bekommernisse te ontferm
die Engele vra ek om jou in satyn toe te draai
vir die mooiste drome so fraai
tot jy die moreson aan die oseaan sien vasklou"
~dirk van der bank


No comments:

Post a Comment